In January, a new president will ascend to power and the 111th Congress will convene in Washington, DC. What do we want to tell them? How will they know what matters to us?
Let's put a document in the hands of each and every one of our elected leaders that lets them know exactly what we want, when we want it, where, and how we should get there.
What is the agenda that we-gay, bi, and transgender men and other men who have sex with men-must pursue to improve the health and wellbeing of our community?
What federal initiatives, campaigns, laws, activities, strategies and directives are needed in the United States to allow gay men, and our future generations, the opportunity to fulfill their/our inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?
These are the critical questions and issues The 2009 Gay Men's Health Agenda will describe. Your wisdom, your concerns and your ideas will supply the answers. Submit your input to LifeLube.org and we will categorize, collate, and organize them into a simple and powerful plan.
Without a map, we'll never get to where we want to go. Help supply the directions today! You may leave a comment here, or e-mail your ideas to LifeLube.
Michael from Boston got us started with the following ideas. If you agree with Michael, please say so! The more input we have, the better! (And many thanks Michael, this is a great start!!!)
- Strategies to include sexual orientation and sexual behavior questions on all federally funded population based studies.
- The establishment of a national office of LGBT health.
- Marriage amendment to allow gay marriage and all the rights and priviledges there of
- Develop of a national AIDS strategy to eliminate HIV infection in one decade domestically.
- Redirection of federal dollars to allow citizens free access to healthcare and treatment.
- Focus on vaccine and microbicide research (vaginal and rectal)
- Reversal of HIV immigration policies